I am really excited to be both a photographer and a SU demonstrator this weekend at a 24 hour scrap retreat. It is called "Scrap Escape: Chocolate Indulgence." Don't you just love the title?
So I have been having fun with the new colors and punches so that I can share with the other ladies how to create your own embellishments.
Isn't this great? I just love the Cogs Extra-Large Double Punch (118873, $17.95) I mostly scrapbook for my boys so I will be using this punch alot. This was super easy to make....all except for tying the DMC floss. I am somewhat challenged in the area of tying things in a pretty way and pretty much avoid doing it at demonstrations at all costs.
1. Cut Early Espresso cardstock to 3 3/8" by 2 1/2"
2. Cut the Cork sheet to 3 1/8" by 2 1/4"
3. Stamp a few images from Extreme Elements in Early Espresso on the cork sheet
4. Punch one large and two small cogs out of Cajun Craze
5. Very Carefully sponge the edges of the cog in Early Espresso. I used the applicator from my Stampin' Pastels to make this easier. I suppose you could use an eye shadow applicator too.
6. Punch 1 3/4" Circle from corrugated cardboard. By the way, this corrugated cardboard is VERY expensive! Just kidding, I just used a coffee cup sleeve from starbucks.
7. Sponge around the edges of the circle.
8. Place three brads in Early Espresso at the lower right corner. (I pierce a hole with a piercing tool in order to get the brad in; I stopped punching a hole because it leave too much wiggle room for the brad.)
9. Use black floss to tie the smaller cogs to the larger cog.
10. Adhere all pieces together. (I don't think I need to walk you through that part.)
Stampin' Up! products that I used: Cajun Craze and Early Espresso cardstock, Cork sheets (119819, $9.95,) neutrals brads (119736,$6.95,) Extreme Elements stamp set (115181,$26.95,) 1 3/4" Circle Punch ( 119850, $16.95,) Early Espresso Classic Ink (119670, $5.95.)
For this one, I used the Beautiful Wings Embosslit (118138, $11.95) and the big shot. I used the beautiful Filigree designer brads (112577, $5.95,) Night of Navy Ribbon, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, and Cherry Cobbler Cardstock, I also used Early Espresso and So Saffron classic inkpads.
Well, it's late so that's all for now...