Monday, August 29, 2011

In a Christmas kind of mood

Christmas in August???  Sure.  Why not?  I just love Christmas and it is NEVER too early to start working on those Christmas cards.  In years past I usually make a bunch of one card.  This year, thanks to my card clubs, I will have a variety of cards ready to go.  So this is the Christmas card that I designed for the girls this month.  It looks pretty simple except that I snuck in some embedded embossing just behind the ornament- take a look at the close-up.
I also added pearls to the swirls.  I thought that I wouldn't use the pearls all of the time.  But now that they are in my stash I use them a lot.
I punched out the Riding Hood Red piece and stacked it on the Early Espresso piece and then stacked that on top of the Marina Mist matte.  Be sure they are securely adhered together then place them in the houndstooth embossing folder and run them through the Big Shot.  And Voila!  you have created an embedded embossing card.  Easy, right? 


I used the Letters from Santa Designer Series Paper (DSP.)  I challenged myself to use one of the busier patterns.  Plus I couldn't bear to use the delicious stripes included in this paper pack.  I love striped paper and usually keep them in my stash for an extra long time because I admire them rather than use them.  How silly!  I did recently create a scrapbook layout with the stripes from this pack.  Maybe, I will get that online soon. 
Stamp Sets:  Delightful Decorations
Paper:  Letters to Santa DSP, Riding Hood Red, Marina Mist, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive
Accessories: Basic Pearls
Tools: Houndstooth Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Decorative Label Punch

Thanks for looking!  Your comments are appreciated.
-Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment