Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Operation Write Home

I am sorry it has taken me an entire month to blog.  I have been busy making cards for the two clubs I am leading and I also recently have gotten involved with Operation Write Home.  This is a card that I designed with my friend Donna Shelton.  We tried to keep it simple so that even beginner stampers could help us quickly turn out ten cards. 
 
If you would like more information about Operation Write Home please follow the link  http://operationwritehome.org/index.html  Very simply- you can make cards for deployed heros to write home on.  There are a lot of other great information to be found on the website from technique videos and templates. 
Back to the card.  I did use two retired things on this card.  First the DSP that I punched the bird from is from a retired pack.  Just substitute it with your favorite DSP and the blue layer is also a retired SU! color.
Stamps: Baroque Motifs 
Ink: Crumb Cake and Soft Suede
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Always Artichoke, and First Edition DSP
Accessories: None (so that we could keep it flat)
Tools: Bird Punch
and lots of adhesives.  The cards are sent to someone in the states who packages a huge assortment of cards and then sends them over seas to our soldiers and then the soldiers use them and send them back to their families.  So use LOTS of adhesive.
I hope to be back soon and share some of the great projects that I have been working on.
Happy Stamping!
-Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment