Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy Happy Birthday with Island Indigo

How can you NOT have a happy birthday with a color named Island Indigo? 
I created this fun Birthday card with the new Penant Parade set and the new hostess set, Happiest Birthday Wishes.

This was not the easiest card to make.  The idea was the easy part.  Executing it took several days because I didn't have the patience to do this all in one shot.  So thank goodness for husbands who sometimes like boring movies.  Well, not boring for him, but not something that captured my attention.  So while listening to him chuckle at this lame movie I busied my hands with threading the linen thread through the itty bitty holes. 

I stamped the pennants in Melon Mambo on Melon Mambo paper using the penant parade stamp set and then punched them out using the new Petite Penants Builder punch.  How cool is that?  6 perfect penants that I didn't have to cut or measure.  Just stamp amd punch.  LOVE IT!!
The top of the pennant is created by using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch to create a longer stretch of faux ribbon and then cut it in half lengthwise.  They are the perfect little toppers for these pennants.
 You can see the Candle Crazy wheel that I used in the close-up.  I used just one wheel and two spacers on a builder wheel.  That was a fun and new one for me to try.  I used Melon Mambo ink but it looks reddish because it is stamped on top of the Daffodil Delight cardstock.
Stamp the Happy Birthday randomly on the Island Indigo cardstock BEFORE embossing.  Just thought I would mention it.  Te-He-He

So here is the complete ingredient list----
Stamps: Pennant Parade, Happiest Birthday Wishes, and Candle Crazy builder wheel
Paper:  Island Indigo, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Regal Rose
Ink: Island Indigo, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Neutrals Brads (Basic Gray,) Linen Thread
Tools:  Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Petite Pennants Builder Punch

Happy Stamping!
-Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment