Wednesday, August 17, 2011

One more for Operation Write Home

I know I posted a OWH card yesterday, but here is another.  This time it is chalked full of retired material.  I don't usually post projects that contain retired Stampin' Up! products but I wanted to play along with OWH sketch challenge #79 and had a special request to use the retired Travel Journal designer series paper.  So this is what I came up with. 
The blue layer is the DSP but the centerpiece is my crazy layering stamping thing that I do.  I stamped the elements from Extreme Elements in Bashful Blue and Crumb Cake.  I then stamped over them in Night of Navy using the Sentimental Journey stamp set.  I love this set!  It is so perfect for guy cards!  See how I used it on this card that I created last year by clicking here.  I also used on it a fantastic scrapbook page but I haven't posted that yet but you can imagine its greatness.  He-he.

Do you still want the list of materials even though I used a retired stamp set and DSP?
Well I think I will list them anyway.
Stamps:  Sentimental Journey, Extreme Elements (shocking!  Do I use this set everytime?)
Ink: Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake, and Night of Navy
Paper:  Travel Journal DSP, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, and Soft Suede

Doing these OWH cards really makes me think outside of the box or more like inside the box.  I feel like it isn't a great idea to use lots of embellishments and layers- I want to keep them mailing friendly.  So I should be back soon with cards that are ramped up a bit and more to my liking.
Happy Stamping!
-Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment