Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Details for Dream Gardens

So I said I would be back with more detailed instructions and pictures.

Well, I started by Brayering in So Saffron over a good portion of my whisper white cardstock.  (Cardstock piece measures 4" x 5 1/4") Be patient with this layer.  This is a light yellow and it takes a while to build up.
Then I brayered over the So Saffron layer with More Mustard.  I only went about half way as far as I did the first layer.
Then I brayered a smaller portion at the top with Cajun Craze.  Sorry no pics for these first few steps.  But I think you can follow along without them.
The next step is sponging old olive along the bottom in order to make the grass. I also sponged all the way around the piece of cardstock with old olive. 
I then stamped the silhouette stamp in Staz On Black ink.  I used a stamp-a-ma-jig to get the positioning right.  DO NOT stamp on your imaging sheet with Staz On.  I probably didn't need to say that but just in case.  Use Gray or Basic Black, Staz On is permanent.  As a side note watch out when you use Staz On and clear blocks.  I have one block that has a line on it from a Staz On incident.
Next cover the geisha with a sticky note.  Leave just a sliver of the bottom of her showing.

The sponge a black shadow under her.  I used a Q-tip to get it more precisely in the area that I wanted it to be.

All done.  Just mount it to your 1/4 fold card.  I used black just to make it more dynamic.  See yesterday's post for a complete supply list.

Happy stamping!
-Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment