Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Razzleberry Challenge and Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch

Don't you hate when you have too much of cardstock of ONE color?  I had an extra large stash of Rich Razzleberry.  The past tense is because I sold it off shortly after showcasing it on this lovely card.
In any case, my personal challenge was to make a card with Rich Razzleberry.  I also wanted to tryout the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch.  This is the new triple punch featured in the summer mini catalog. 

In the close up, you can see that I embedded the flowers in the card.  They almost look quilted.  This technique is called embedded embossing.  I achieved this by gluing my punched flowers to the card and then embossing it in the big shot.  I used the square lattice embossing folder.  Pretty simple, right?

The last flower was added after the embossing in order to make it stand out.
The little shiny flowers were stamped with the little flower in the Bold Blossom stamp set (also found in the Summer mini) with shimmer paint.  Apply the paint directly to your stamp by using a sponge dauber.

Ingredients
Stamps: Bold Blossom (W 123232, C 122232)
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Ink: Frost White Shimmer Paint (116854)
Tools:  Square Lattice Embossing Folder (119976), Big Shot, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch (122464), 3/4" Circle Punch

I hope this has inspired a project of your own!  Happy Stamping!
-Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment