Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Goodbye Cogs Punch

Here is a Scrapbook Page that I created for my son's second birthday.  I used one of my favorite stamp sets:  Extreme Elements.  This is somewhat an unusual layout for me because I chose to use ONLY one photograph.  It is also a typical layout in that I created a piece of background paper and created an embellishment.

I used a lot of different Stampin' Up! products in this layout.  Everything except the spray pen that I used is Stampin' Up!  I know, I know, [insert shameless self advertising here] right? I started with a 12x12 of Whisper White paper.  I laid it down on that brown packaging paper that comes in the Stampin' Up! boxes.  Double kudos to me for helping the environment!  Then I took a spray mister- this is a small spray bottle created for crafters- that  I bought at the stamp expo but I am sure you can find them at your local craft store or you can buy them from my favorite Close to My Heart consultant, Wendy Taylor.  Fill the spray mister part way with water and add a few drops of Cajun Craze Classic Ink Refill.  The spray comes out heavy so stand back.  I stand over mine- the page is on the floor and I am standing over it.  Set that aside and let it dry.
I then cut the Designer series paper in Cajun Craze and Not Quite Navy- these are both found in the Regals paper stack.  I am very happy that the paper stacks will be exactly the same in the new upcoming catalog.
 
The small piece of paper at the top left is a little tricky.  I started by brayering a whisper white piece of paper with Not Quite Navy ink.  I didn't cover the entire thing with ink.  Then sponge around it and then stamp a few of the Extreme Elements onto it.
For the cork piece, I stamped the fleur onto the cork with NQN and then punched it out with a 1 3/4" circle punch.  I then used the Cogs Punch to punch out a large cog in Cajun Craze and Basic Black.  Don't forget that the Cogs Punch is retiring at the end of this month.

I chose to cut out the individual letters instead of using a Stamp-a-ma-jig to line them up perfectly.  The little cogs are also from the cogs punch.
That was a lot to type!!!!  I hope you enjoyed this page layout.  I better go make dinner for my little indians! 
Happy Stamping,
Staci


Stamps:  Extreme Elements, Jayne's Type Alphabet
Paper:  Cajun Craze and Not Quite Navy Designer Series Paper; Whisper White, Basic Black, Cajun Craze, and Not Quite Navy Cardstock
Ink:  Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Cork Sheets
Tools:  Cogs Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Brayer
Other:  Cajun Craze Ink Refill, Spray Mister

No comments:

Post a Comment