Sunday, June 26, 2011

Beware Pirates

Beware Pirates is one of my favorite stamp sets.  I am so sad to see it retire.  I made this scrapbook layout for my son, Logan, who loves to dress up like a pirate.  He calls the Renaissance festival "the pirate place."
I loved the opportunity to use the Designer Series Paper Pack.  I just love that print!
I made the colored background behind the boat by combining the brayering technique with spongeing.  I first brayered More Mustard and then Cajun Craze over the top of the More Mustard layer.  I then sponged Night of Navy on the bottom portion.  I then stamped over it in Staz On Black ink to really help the silhouette to stand out. 

I also used the Beware Pirates sentiment to create a small title for the page.  I love it when I can use so many of the stamps from one stamp set on the same project!
Here is the materials list:
Stamp sets:  Beware Pirates
Inks: Basic Black, Night of Navy, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, Staz On Black
Paper: Night of Navy Designer Series Paper, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Night of Navy, Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  Chocolate Chip Marker, Neutrals Brads
Tools:  Brayer

Happy Scrapping!
-Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment